Monday, September 22, 2014

Review: Of Scars and Stardust by Andrea Hannah

Posted by BTS Rkive at Monday, September 22, 2014
Title: Of Scars and Stardust
Author: Andrea Hannah
My Rating: ★★☆☆☆
Genres: YA, Thriller
Release Date: October 8th 2014 by Flux
Format Read: eARC via NetGalley

Description from Goodreads
After her little sister mysteriously vanishes, seventeen-year-old Claire Graham has a choice to make: stay snug in her little corner of Manhattan with her dropout boyfriend, or go back to Ohio to face the hometown tragedy she's been dying to leave behind.

But the memories of that night still haunt her in the city, and as hard as she tries to forget what her psychiatrist calls her "delusions," Claire can't seem to escape the wolf's eyes or the blood-speckled snow. Delusion or reality, Claire knows she has to hold true to the most important promise she's ever made: to keep Ella safe. She must return to her sleepy hometown in order to find Ella and keep her hallucinations at bay before they strike again. But time is quickly running out, and as Ella's trail grows fainter, the wolves are becoming startlingly real.

Now Claire must deal with her attraction to Grant, the soft-spoken boy from her past that may hold the secret to solving her sister's disappearance, while following the clues that Ella left for only her to find. Through a series of cryptic diary entries, Claire must unlock the keys to Ella's past—and her own—in order to stop another tragedy in the making, while realizing that not all things that are lost are meant to be found.

Review:
Gosh, it took me so long to read this book! When I was halfway through it, there was a part of me that wanted to quit and mark it as DNF, but I kept reading because I hardly ever give up on books. I struggled a lot to get myself into the story. The book started right away with the mystery of the wolves' existence, and I kept wondering whether they truly existed, because Claire certainly believed they did. There were times when I thought that maybe she was really crazy and imagining things, but then again I wasn't sure what to believe. I liked that it kept me guessing, and I think it was A LITTLE BIT intriguing, but most of the time I felt that it was tiring. I was bored for the most part, and to be honest I skipped a few pages of this book just to get it over with. I have little patience with slow placing books, so I don't know how I even managed to read this till the very end.

Claire was such a confusing character, as the narrator she didn't tell the story clearly. She didn't give you the details and the facts, because she had difficulty in remembering things? Maybe it was done to build up the tension and suspense, but it didn't work for me.

I was expecting this book to be about Claire's venture to find her sister Ella, but the story ended up to be a totally different one. I usually like reading unusual books, but that didn't happen with Of Scars and Stardust. I didn't like that there were so many loopholes, and the ending! It was so frustrating! In the end we did get the truth behind the wolves' existence, but I hated that it didn't explain what happened to the other characters.

Overall, I didn't enjoy reading this book at all. Although I found it a little bit interesting, I was confused and bored most of the time. The main character was annoying, and I hated that the story wasn't well told.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Jiha's file © 2014 - Graphics by Jiha's file

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...