Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Bookish Outfits: Lola and The Boy Next Door

Posted by BTS Rkive at Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Bookish Outfits is a feature here @ Jiha's File where I share outfit ideas inspired by books! So, for today's post I want to share two outfits that are inspired by Lola Nolan.


Synopsis from Goodreads
Lola Nolan is a budding costume designer, and for her, the more outrageous, sparkly, and fun the outfit, the better. And everything is pretty perfect in her life (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the negihborhood. When Cricket, a gifted inventor, steps out from his twin sister's shadow and back into Lola's life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.

My thoughts:
- I truly hate Max. ARGH Why is he such a jerk!
- I love Cricket! Well, that's to be expected. I usually fall for the bad boy, but Cricket's good-guy nature is very cute and adorable.
- Lola is a one of a kind. She has a unique sense of fashion and I like that she doesn't want to blend in. She isn't perfect and she makes mistakes just like any other person.
- Lola's parents are unusual and very overprotective, but I think they're cool.

The Strawberry Outfit.
"Today I'm a strawberry. A sweet red dress from the fifties, a long necklace of tiny black beads, and a dark green wig cut into a severe Louise Brooks bob."
The Picnic Outfit.
"I settle on a similarly checked red-and-white halter dress, which I made from an actual picnic blanket for the last Fourth of July. I add bright red lipstick and tiny ant-shaped earrings for theme, and my big black platform boots because walking will be involved."
 I think these are cute outfits, but not something I would wear.
  Have you read Lola and The Boy Next Door? Did you like it? What do you think of the outfits?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Jiha's file © 2014 - Graphics by Jiha's file

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...