Monday, April 28, 2014

Review: Romancing the Soul by Sarah Tranter

Posted by BTS Rkive at Monday, April 28, 2014
Title: Romancing the Soul
Author: Sarah Tranter
Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★   
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Format Read: Paperback, Won
Description from Goodreads
Rachael Jones hasn't exactly chosen an average career path. She's a past-life regressionist and is now hoping to help her clients find their Soul Mates through reconnecting them with their past lives.

But despite her best intentions, there are problems. Rachael made the mistake of regressing her best friend, Susie Morris, who has since been haunted by events that occurred in her past life.

When Susie meets Hollywood actor, George Silbury in unlikely circumstances, she is completely unprepared for her reactions. There's an intense mutual attraction that neither can explain nor ignore. 

Can George help Susie to overcome the sense of desolation she feels as the result of her past life regression, or will history's habit of repeating itself ruin all chances of her finding happiness?

After the success of her debut paranormal novel, Sarah moves into mainstream contemporary with a twist—past life regression!

My Review:

I won this book on a giveaway months ago, and I'm sorry it's taken me this long to read and review it (I got distracted by other books ^_^). I'm particularly intrigued with stories about second chances, and I'm thrilled to say that I found this book really engaging and refreshing.

It's told from different points of view, and it's about two soul mates whose lives ended in a tragic way, but get another chance of finding happiness on their next life. I've never read about past lives before, so this book deals with themes that I'm not very familiar with, but it was great to read something new.

Susie is a schoolteacher who doesn't like being emotionally involved with any man. She's just an ordinary woman, so she is taken a back when the gorgeous Hollywood star, George Silbury gets interested in her. She's been a fan of him for years and when they meet in her best friend's office, they are instantly attracted to each other.
George on the other hand, is one of the most handsome men in the world and is also a gentleman. I could list all the things I love about him, but I'm going to save that for my "Swoon Worthy Saturday" post. 
I like how Susie and George's relationship grew, the author added a bit of drama which was interesting to read.

The only issues I have with this book are the author's writing and Rachel, the past-life regressionist. It took me a while to get into the story because the author's writing was a bit distracting. She has a unique and different style, but thankfully I got used to it after a few chapters. As for Rachel, I thought she was a bit maddening. She's one of the main characters, and at first I thought I could over look my dislike for her, but as the story goes on she truly annoyed me. She's a great friend of Susie though, and has good intentions.

Other than the issues aforementioned, I really like how everything unfolded. Even though I had a feeling of how it would end, the author was able to surprise me with some twists.

I would definitely recommend this book to those who love second chances and instant attraction/love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Jiha's file © 2014 - Graphics by Jiha's file

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...